Thank you to Domina Jen for nominating us. We read her blog regularly and are very honored that she picked us. We don’t do these very often but this nomination came from someone who we both read regularly so I thought I would put my toe in the water.
Rules for the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and inform them.
So… seven things about me (Charmer)… And this is harder than I thought…
- Like Domina Jen, I love the desert. I didn’t grow up here and actually hated it when I moved here in high school. I came from Colorado and mountains and snow. This was “barren.” But I have learned to love the sunsets and the subtle colors. Tucson is a high desert and we are surrounded by mountains. We can be at over 9000 feet above sea level within an hour and then swimming when we come home. I miss the snow but we do get the occasional freak snow and then we get snow days and go outside and play in the inch or so that falls.
- One of my (our) favorite things to do is travel and one of our all-time favorite places that we have visited is Estonia. We went on a shore excursion from a cruise and it was so beautiful. We rode bikes for the first time in years, visited an outdoor museum, wandered in Old Town and vowed to go back one day. Every person who we met was so nice and welcoming.
- My guilty pleasure is ziplining. The first time was in Alaska near Juneau. Two hundred feet in the air and flying through the rainforest there. It was exhilarating after the initial terror and I was hooked. Since then we have done it in Vancouver, BC and Belize through a cave which was so amazingly cool.
- I probably ought to mention that I am, in general, an adrenaline junkie. Roller coasters are my favorite thing in theme parks. And the faster and twistier and crazier–so much better. In college, we used to climb through underground lava tubes. We also had a friend with a 4 wheel drive truck who used to take us on crazy adventures. One of which Snake got out of the truck, refused to go with us and was really pissed at me for going. It was so much fun though. We climbed a fire watch tower that was unprotected and over 8000 feet above sea level…in a crazy wind with that same friend… I am slightly less crazy now but I still love a rush. [Snake: I don’t know about this slightly less crazy thing. Perhaps “differently crazy?” Trust me on this.]
- If there is reincarnation, I want to come back as a house cat. I love cats. I like dogs but I just can’t connect with them the same way. Cats fit my personality because they don’t “need” me so I feel honored when they choose to give me attention. [Snake: I’m certain this one won’t surprise anyone that knows her.]
- I am a voracious reader. I always have been. One summer my mother was convinced that something was wrong with me because I didn’t want to play outside with the other kids. Nope. I was thrilled to be able to read book after book all summer long. I read almost everything except romance books. My Kindle is my constant companion whenever I go anywhere. It certainly has made my suitcases a lot lighter—I used to pack a small library whenever we traveled.
- I am a super nerdy fan of Supernatural. We have gone to two conventions (Burbank and Vancouver) and I have pictures with most of the major stars. And when I get my first tattoo, still plotting it, it will be something related to the TV show. [Snake: I can’t wait to see it. And Supernatural rocks!]
And we are recommending these amazing blogs: